We’re absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. We know that you’re trusting us with your sensitive financial data, and we take that trust seriously.
We collect the following information from our customers:
- We collect the email addresses of those who sign up for Pulse accounts or communicate with us via email.
- We collect data on the pages and services our customers access and visit.
- We collect information volunteered by our customers (for example, in surveys, during registration or via email).
Here’s what we do with the information we collect:
- We’ll use your information for billing, identification and authentication, customer research and contact.
- We use that information to improve Pulse and the quality of our service.
And here’s what we won’t do:
- We don’t share it or sell it to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services that you’ve requested.
- Provide personal information to third parties.
- Share your data without your permission.
- Ask for personal information directly from children under the age of 13.
There are two situations in which we will share your information:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We transfer information about you if Pulse or Pulse is acquired by or merged with another company.
What happens when you cancel your account?
We immediately delete all of your information when you cancel your account.
Cookies are required to use Pulse. We use them to record current session information, but do not use permanent cookies. You’re required to log in to your Pulse account again after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accessing your information.
How does Pulse protect my data?
Pulse has industry standard security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your data. While there’s no such thing as perfect security on the internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your information. Although Pulse owns the data storage, databases and rights to the Pulse application, you retain all rights to your data. We will never sell or share your client data with any third parties, or use your data for our own business advantage. We respect your privacy, and the privacy of your data.
Will this policy ever change?
We may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about any significant changes in the way we handle your personal information by sending a notice to the email address specified in your Pulse account, or by placing a prominent notice on our site.